Home-Start West Dorset Administrator
Office based at Dorchester Youth and Community Centre, Kings Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1NJ
Hours of work:
22.5 hours/week (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 – 17:00)
£17,681 - £18,672 pro rata
Purpose of the job
- To provide administrative support to the employees of the scheme, and Board of Trustees as appropriate and agreed.
- To ensure the efficient administration of the Home-Start office.
- General office duties including word-processing, data entry, photocopying, creation and maintenance of files and filing systems and mailing.
- Providing administrative support to assist in the recruitment and support of volunteers.
- Communicating by telephone with a wide range of people, including volunteers, families and referrers.
- Taking messages on behalf of other staff, dealing with routine enquiries and giving appropriate responses, when required.
- Assisting the organisers to maintain efficient, accurate and confidential records, including computerised statistics collection and collation.
- Keeping the office diary.
- Typing and circulating reports, newsletters, minutes of meetings and publicity material.
- Taking responsibility for petty cash and assisting with volunteer expense claims.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the HSWD website.
- Assisting with hospitality for visitors to the office.
- Assisting and supporting volunteers working in the office.
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and office sundries in line with the agreed budget.
- Assisting with public meetings as required.
- Maintaining an efficient and tidy office environment
The Home-Start Administrator is expected to work within the ethos of Home-Start and have high standards of practice. The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a mature and flexible approach to the work.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above including occasionally working additional hours.
5pm on Friday 1st February 2019
Tuesday 19 February 2019
Job Description and Person Specification
Administrator Application Form
Guidance for Completing Application Form
Kelly Rolfe: 10th Jan 2019 14:55:00