How to Refer a Family to Home-Start West Dorset
If you are a professional working with a family:
- Discuss Home-Start West Dorset with the family - they MUST agree to receive support.
- Establish that the family has at least one child under five - this is key to Home-Start West Dorset support.
- Contact Home-Start West Dorset to discuss and check availability
- Complete a referral form, which indicates the family's needs, and post or email to the office.
Home-Start West Dorset will:
- Set up an initial visit with the family to discuss their needs and tell them all about Home-Start West Dorset.
- Carefully match the skills and experiences of a volunteer to the needs of the family.
- Introduce the volunteer to the family (this may take time and if a suitable match can not be made then you will be informed).
- Let you know when Home-Start West Dorset support starts and ends.
- Keep you informed, within confidentiality guidelines, about progress.
Download a referral form